Sunday, August 16, 2009

What are we going to do next...

What are we going to do next was the question my daddy asked throughout the entire week he was here. My daddy was so excited to be back out in the mountains(maybe that is where I got my love of the mountains from) he wanted to constantly be doing something outside. Let's just put it this way...We went for a 7 mile hike one day and on the way back down the jeep trail to the main road, mind you we were only in the truck for like 5 minutes, my daddy asks, "So what are we doing when we get home, going for a bike ride or something?" I kept teasing him all week that he had me more busy in a few days than I had been all summer. My mom, daddy, and sister Meg came out to visit for a week. It was so much fun to have my parents and sister Meg here for a whole week. I was wishing Ryan(my bro) and my sister in law Sarah were here too. Our week was filled with hiking, lots of jeeping, a little bit of rodeo, sightseeing, cruising around town on the bikes, lots of good food, hundreds of pictures being taken(my daddy's new found hobby is photography, he does a great job!), and most important just hanging out as a family. Oh...thanks daddy for all the great pics for us to post on the blog.

Strolling through Carbondale doing some shopping.

Crusin with my mom.

Getting ready to hike Red Hill(Carbondale, CO).

Top of Red Hill on Mushroom Rock overlooking the town and Mt. Sopris.


Carbondale Wild West Rodeo

Carly and Mom(Lorrie)

Bull Riding

Dave and Lorrie (We all packed into the jeep and went up the Crown Trail).

Frying Pan River (Basalt, CO)

Ruedi Resevoir

Meg enjoying the jeep ride.

Delicious dinner at Phat Thai(Carbondale, CO)

Creek crossing on Capital Creek Trail. The water was freezing!

Thirsty Mom?


Beautiful Colorado wildflowers, with the stunning Capital Peak(Snowmass, CO) as a backdrop.

3 comments:

Jill,Drew, Ella too... said...

nice barly.. ur dad is hilarious... you are such a little blogger now- I need to catch up - how did you do the video???

crittielynn said...

Hi Carly!
Love the music with the jeep ride! I'm going to have to get Tory a new backseat (someone stole his) for our Jeep for his birthday coming up! That looks like fun going to the Mill; I bet it's beautiful this time of year!
-Christie

audrey habeck said...

seriously....you are making me jealous with all your awesome mountain time - hiking, biking and jeeping! come on! when can we come out and get a tour of carbondale!!! did you know mccabe lives in CO now?