Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Once Upon a Dream...

The things I do for the kids I love. My friend Sarah's daughter Maggie was turning 3 on January 10th. Months ago, in fact on Thanksgiving as we spent the day with the Maas family, Maggie informed me she was having a princess party for her birthday. She requested that I dress up as Belle from the Disney classic Beauty and the Beast. Maggie said that I needed to be Belle because I had brown, curly hair just like Belle.

Maggie's life is all about princesses. She would have her party be no other way. Sarah, a very creative artist threw the party with all the frills and royalty a princess would expect. It was enough to make a little girl think she was really at Disney World.

A theatrical neighbor friend came as the surprise guest, Cinderella or Reallyrella as Maggie used to call it. Grandmas were fairy god mothers, Sarah was a queen. Little girls asked me how I, princess Belle got to the party? My natural response was in Cinderella's pumpkin carriage of course. Where do I live they asked? In the castle at Disney World, that is where all the princesses live!

The party was a huge success, in fact Maggie was so partied out that before all her little girlfriends left she was already in her pajamas (princess ones of course) ready for her nap.


the birthday princess


sarah made the cake!


fairy god mothers, cinderella, prince charming, a tired princess, and the queen


belle and her favorite little friend maggie

Maggie, thank you for inviting me to be a part of your special day. I love you!

2 comments:

tiff said...

precious...

you are a good friend Carly!

Maggie will remember that day forever!

Jill,Drew, Ella too... said...

That is too cute - way to go Barly Bell : )