Friday, September 14, 2012

back to reality...

otherwise known as work! I just finished up my second week of school with my new batch of kindergartners and whew this is a batch! This is my 8th year of teaching already, time certainly goes fast.  And in my 8 years in this carreer, I have yet to have a start of the school year like this. Things have been a bit rough these first weeks.  Don't get me wrong I love most of my kids in my class, actually I have lots and lots of great kids, but to be honest I could certainly do without a few of them.  I just don't get how the few naughty ones can set the tone of the group.  The big question is why can't all the really great kids have an influence on the sassy ones?  Trying to look on the optimistic side of things  I have come to the conclusion that it may just take longer, way longer than expected to "train" these select few.  The only problem is so much of my energy is spent redirecting bad behavior and I feel sad for my students who are so ready to be at school and just want to learn and have fun.  I just want to feel respected by my students and right now those select few have no idea how crappy they are making me feel.  I know things will get better, well I hope they will, otherwise Christmas vacation will not come soon enough!


0 comments: