Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Birthday Surprises!


Basically for the past 28 years daisies have been around on my birthday. At our first house in Milwaukee daisies always bloomed on or around my birthday. As the years went on and we moved to different houses there were still always daisies on the table for me. They are my favorite flower, such a happy flower. Once Marty and I were together my daddy passed on the job to Marty to make sure I had daisies on my birthday or else... So once again, my beautiful daisies!

Today I was awoken with a cup of coffee in bed (well Marty usually brings me coffee in bed, it is our thing) and Marty asking if I wanted my birthday presents. I was barely coherent since I hadn't sipped my coffee yet. Presents were waiting to be unwrapped. Like always Marty does a great job at spoiling me! After getting ready I went out into the beautiful sunny morning to take my group of Kindergartners hiking for my hiking camp. They all sang happy birthday to me, and then when we got back to the school one of my students and his mom had little ice cream cups for me and the kids. He also brought me a bouquet of flowers, it was so sweet. I have had some fantastic families in my class this past year and have made some great new friends. Now all I need is for the sun to come back out (once again it is cloudy) so I can go to the pool and relax on my day. Tonight Marty is in charge of dinner and then we are going out for a drink and dessert. It has been a good day so far! Thanks to everyone who has made me feel special on my birthday!


A pretty new purse, a girl can never have too many purses, especially me. A new bike jersey and a beautiful candle stand.

3 comments:

tiff said...

i LOVE...LOVE...LOVE those daisies! And well the purse is so you! What a good husband you have...it is good to be spoiled!

sassymo said...

Happy late birthday Carly! Glad that you had such a great birthday.

Jill,Drew, Ella too... said...

Way to go Marty! Happy way late Bday Barly! I agree the purse is so you:) I love blogging.